Quantifying speech by building the first ever media monitoring service for podcasts, radio, tv and Youtube.
Tor Rauden Källstigen’s passion for audio started as a child, recording radio shows on magnetic tapes. Later, he began producing electronic pop music, radio shows for the Swedish National Radio, as well as podcasts.
Fast forward to 2016, Tor and his co-founder Håkan began making a podcasting studio for iPhone.
– After helping a couple of hundred thousand people to make their very first podcast, we came to think about discovery. Why isn't audio searchable in the same way that we've gotten used to for written content?, says Tor.
So, they decided to embark on a journey to make all the worlds' spoken media searchable.
– The first step towards that is Signal Signal, a unique media monitoring service for podcasts, radio, tv and Youtube. Since searchable audio is a new domain for everyone, we've encountered a lot of challenges around indexing and searching in this type of content. We've learned to continuously improve – and to talk to, and learn from, our dear customers.
Signal Signal is backed by the Stockholm incubator Sting.
– We were part of Sting Accelerate during the fall of 2016. It's was a great way to learn more about SaaS packaging and B2B sales. That way, we managed to get our first paying customers within just a few weeks from launch, Tor explains.
What are your main drivers?
– I'm inspired by a dedicated people, geopolitics and fascinating technology, says Tor.
Today, the one of a kind company has partnered up with Mbrain, Meltwater, Notified, and more.
– We are very proud of our partnerships with the big players in text based media monitoring.
Final input to the ecosystem: Try out Signal Signal for free
deeptech of the week #1: DP Patterning (April 26 - May 2)
deeptech of the week #2: Sally R (May 3 - 10)
deeptech of the week #3: CarbonCloud (May 17-23)
deeptech of the week #4: Zeomem (May 24-30)
deeptech of the week #5: Tebrito (May 31-June 6)
deeptech of the week #6: Buildsafe (June 7-13)
deeptech of the week #7: Mimbly (June 14-20)
deeptech of the week #8: H&E Solutions (June 21-27)
deeptech of the week #9: Maisha Deli (June 28-July 4)
deeptech of the week #10: Organofuel Sweden (July 5-11)
deeptech of the week #11: Sustainalube (July 12-18)
deeptech of the week #12: Texactor (July 19-25)
deeptech of the week #13: Aweria (February 5-11)
deepteck of the week #14: Biosolens (February 12-18)
deeptech of the week #15: Recond Concept (February 19-25)
deeptech of the week #16: Crosser (February 26-March 4)