This is BuildSafe’s CEO Viktor Broberg, one of the 12 winners of the 2017 ÅForsk Entrepreneurial Scholarship with a vision to create a global standard in the construction industry.
“It is a motivational boost knowing others praise what you work for – especially with ÅForsk sharing the same ambition to have an impact on areas at the environment, sustainability and safety”
BuildSafe is deeptech of the week!
Mobile application and web platform increasing overall safety and transparency in construction company projects, saving time and money while compiling safety data translated to useful KPI’s.
Being a business transformation techie, Viktor Broberg finds his inspiration in “all these innovative ways of doing things simpler and in a more efficient way while at the same time having a positive impact on other people”, as he explains.
– My background is in improving organizational processes with the support of digitalization. With BuildSafe we have the opportunity to minimize administration for the selected few, while also creating a safer and more efficient site for everyone around them. Our heavy users use our product to spend less time by the desktop, and more time on site: focusing on whatever brought them to the industry.
“BuildSafe is a digital safety management tool for the construction industry.
Our mobile application and web platform help construction companies increase overall safety and transparency in their projects – while at the same saving them both time and money.
All safety data is compiled and translated to useful KPI’s that enable our clients to work proactively and make more informed decisions.”
Vision: Creating a global standard in the construction industry.
– The original idea came from one of the co-founders who was looking for ways to minimize administration and paperwork connected to safety management, Viktor tells us.
– Together with an industry consortium we developed a concept where all stakeholders benefit. The main challenge has been to align all these interests as well as providing a user-friendly product which can be quickly implemented. Most companies struggle with challenges of implementing new processes in their company – imagine doing the same on a site where 100 companies share the same process and are used to different ways of working!
Viktor spent a year at the SSE Business Lab working with his colleagues and ten other companies.
– We were all working with very different business ideas but tackled the same challenges: reaching the first customers, funding and recruiting. This create an environment of constant feedback and access to a very valuable network. The coach Erik Wetter supported as in everything from setting the business model to negotiation contracts, and continue to do so even after we left.
– It is very inspiring for me and the team to receive the scholarship. It is a motivational boost knowing others praise what you work for – especially with ÅForsk sharing the same ambition to have an impact on areas at the environment, sustainability and safety!
Anyone we should keep an extra eye on befor #ÅForsk2018?
– Have a look at BlueCall: their addressing an important societal challenge and in a very unique way!